09 Oct 2007
On Friday, I am bored and want video games. But no Internet service! How to download new games to Wii?!
- One VX8300 cellular telephone.
- One Macintosh Book Professional.
- One Nintendo Wii.
- Connect VX8300 to MacBook via Bluetooth.
- Configure MacBook to use VX8300 as a modem for free. This is an undocumented Verizon feature!
- Put MacBook in ad-hoc wireless mode.
- Enable internet sharing on MacBook.
- Inform Wii of wireless network.
- Access Wii Store!
Full data path: Internet -> Verizon Wireless -> CDMA 2000 (1x) -> VX8300 -> Bluetooth -> MacBook -> 802.11g -> Wii.
Operation was a success. Breath of Fire II acquired.